Happy New Year!
We hope you had a wonderful Holiday Season! We wish you the best in the New Year. It will be an eventful one for SEED.
After 36 years, Maria Gooch-Smith will be retiring at the end of April. Maria and her team have been instrumental in making SEED the region’s go-to economic development company. Since its founding in 1982, SEED has assisted small businesses to prosper and create nearly 13,000 new jobs in Southeastern MA and RI.
SEED is embarking on an exciting next chapter with the assistance of KLR Executive Search Group (www.klrsearchgroup.com). The recruitment of the next Executive Director is an exciting time as the new Executive will be empowered to build upon SEED’s strong foundation, and strategically grow a highly successful, and mission-driven organization.
Your specific recommendations for the next Executive Director are welcomed. As you think about potential candidates, please review the following key priorities, skills and attributes.
If you have recommendations, please contact Sue Pardus (781-547-8757), Teresa Arent (781-547-8751), or Kristen Rose (617-236-8098) at KLR Executive Search Group or email Sue at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Again, best wishes for the New Year and many thanks for your continued support of SEED and its important mission.
Key priorities for the new Executive Director:
- Develop strong relationships with Employees, Officers, Directors, Members, local banks, community organizations, local leaders, legislators, and other external partners.
- Ensure the portfolio continues to perform well and strong asset quality is maintained.
- Continue to access federal, state, and local grants and other key funding sources.
- Leverage technology to deliver services small businesses desire and to enable employees to focus on higher value-added activities.
- Evaluate new lending opportunities to complement existing loan programs.
Key skills and attributes for the new Executive Director:
- A prior leadership position in a financial services or economic development organization.
- Excellent credit, financial, and commercial lending skills.
- Ability to garner support from the community at large and funding agencies.
- Strong writing, analytical, and public speaking abilities.
- Must be vested in the community and the prospects for Southeastern MA and RI.